2019 Pretty Flamingo Rosé

2019 Pretty Flamingo Rosé

Our Rosé is made from Shiraz, with a sprinkling of sauvignon blanc and viognier blended into the ferment. It is unashamedly a DRY style, modelled on the dry Provencale rosé styles, with a little more weight and mouthfilling flavours. The Shiraz is from our vineyard in Cowaramup. For an extra special touch, we matured the rosé in old french oak barrels for 6 months before bottling. We love this wine dearly for it’s generosity of flavours and it’s ability to match with a wide range of cheeses, cold meats, pasta, seafood, italian dishes, and just about anything really!  

The grapes were machine picked and the juice pumped away out of the bins later that same day, and again after crushing. The cloudy pink juice was fermented in tank using  yeast  specially selected for their suitability for making roses. 65% of the rose blend went through a malo-lactic fermentation, then was transferred into older french oak barrels, for 6 to 8 months. The other 35% was matured in tank for the same length of time to preserve it’s crisp refreshing acidity level. The two wines were blended together for bottling.

The name I hear you asking? The name comes from a Manfred Mann song, released in 1966 which Neil and I both just happened to hear playing on ABC radio on the same day but we were both in different places, and both os us were thinking about a name for our new wine. (Neil was pruning in the vineyard and I was out and about doing wine deliveries to the Post Office in town!)

Our 2019 Rosé is an elegant and refined style, with flavours of strawberries, raspberries, cherries, savoury spices and hints of fragrant black pepper. On the palate, the green olive and red berry flavours continue, balanced by soft velvety tannins. It is best served chilled.

We love our first ever Rosé for it’s generosity of flavours and it’s ability to match with a wide range of foods, . Warning, you may fall in love with it too!

Vintage in the Margaret River Wine region was delayed due to mild to warm Summer day time temperatures with cool night time temperatures which continued on into Autumn. The extended ripening time was a benefit though, producing shiraz grapes which with flavours that were perfect for making a rosé.

Our Cowaramup vineyard is planted out to Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon, which are now 22 years old. The soils here are sandy loam, overlying a layer of pea sized ironstone gravel, perfect terroir for growing high quality, red wine grapes.

Tomato, squash, cumin, sage, white beans, cloves, saffron, black olives, fennel, pepper, juniper berries, anise, nutmeg, cinnamon, chocolate, radicchio, thai mint, basil , cinnamon basil, chervil

$25.00

Product price
Additional options total:
Order total:
$18.75 / Bottle Members

You might also like

  • 2016 Whitetail

    A blanc de blanc sparkling made from chardonnay. The secondary ferment occurs in the bottle, which is when the magic happens and those glorious fine beads of bubbles are created. Whitetail is named after the endangered Whitetail Black Cockatoos who regularly visit our farm.

     

    Bottle $40 Wine Club $30.00

    $30.00 / Bottle Members
  • 2009 Redtail

    Redtail is a wine which we are particularly proud of. It is a uniquely Australian sparkling wine style! Ours is a blend of Shiraz and Viognier, and we have named it after the small flocks of endangered Redtail Forest black cockatoos that visit our farm regularly during summer.

    Bottle $45 Wine Club $33.75

    $33.75 / Bottle Members
  • 2016 Elevation Cabernet

    Our cabernet sauvignon vines were grown by Neil from cuttings sourced from a friends’ cabernet block in the planted in the 1970’s in the Margaret River wine region. Our Elevation cabernet vines have a very fine pedigree!

    Bottle $45 Wine Club $33.75

    $33.75 / Bottle Members
Witcher Ridge Witcher Ridge Monogram Advance to next slide Return to previous slide Facebook icon Instagram icon Twitter icon Pinterst icon Instagram Close Icon Book Now